We’re taking the week off! If you’re holding an occult ritual this week, celebrating something more civilized, or if it’s just business as usual, we hope you have a great time doing your thing, and we’ll be back next week 🙂
All posts tagged with "being silly"
Happy Holidays From Gaslamp Games
Gaslamp Interviews on DIY Gamer and Roguelike Radio
People keep wanting to talk to us even after they played Dungeons of Dredmor so we’ve got a couple interviews giving a bit of insight into the odd places in our heads that this whole mess spawned from, plus some talk of Things To Come.
First we chatted with a nice fellow from DIY Gamer and told him many things. Too many things, probably.
On DIY Gamer: Dungeons of Dredmor, Sonic Porn, Gaslamp Games’ Origin Story and MORE!
Then on Wednesday we recorded a interesting podcast with the fellows at Roguelike Radio. Here’s hoping it was heavily edited.
On Roguelike Radio: Interview with Gaslamp Games (developers of Dungeons of Dredmor)
Dungeons of Dredmor Halloween Costume Contest
Here’s how it works:
- Dress up in a Dungeons of Dredmor themed costume. Whatever you want, it should probably be way better than my idea there.
- Send us a picture of yourself looking totally awesome (email: contact AT gaslampgames.com). Or post a picture in the forums. I’ll even make a thread for the contest. It’ll be fun.
- We’ll choose a winner to receive a fabulous prize. Or winners. Or prizes. I’m kinda making this up as I go along, but we’ll certainly give you a spooky tomb with your name on it in the second level of the Dungeons Of Dredmor and maybe even a unique artifact item in the game for everyone to find. And maybe some more fun stuff…
Let’s say the deadline is November 8, 2011 — this gives you lots of time to confound your friends by dressing up for Halloween as something they’ve probably never heard of.
Patch 1.0.6 Update; Dredmor Twitter Fiction Contest Results
Patch 1.0.6 has now been sent to the beta testers. As soon as we get the all clear, we’ll fire it your way. Thanks for being so patient. (Beta testers: if you’re on WINE, you can try the Linux build too! Dump everything out of your Steam install with WINE, and you should be able to just run “./Dredmor”, a little shell script which autoselects the correct build, x86 or amd64. You may have to chmod +x some files, I’m not sure.) The Changelog is still as posted, with the exception of the addition of some additional support for the WASD controls (which now break more things, open more things, flip more things, and are generally more useful than ever before) and correct proc assignment to crossbows (if you have a crossbow with Thaumites, only your crossbow will shoot Thaumites.)
In other news, we ran a 140-character Twitter fanfiction contest last week on our Twitter feed (which you can read here if you are so inclined.) A selection of the entries, and the eventual winner, has been rounded up for your pleasure…
Birthday a la Dred
Let’s give some very Dredmor birthday wishes to our own Citizen Daniel who received what sounds to be a lovely bottle of 12-year Talisker in the midst of our QubeTuber livestream interviewing today!
May your mana be plentiful today – but perhaps not too plentiful.
Meet the Team
It looks like much of the crashing is quashed (and that’s all up to Nicholas’ code-magic anyway) so I figured I’d waste time drawing a silly picture of a bunch of the folk who made Dungeons of Dredmor possible.
From left to right:
- Nicholas: he is the master of code and creator of the original Dredmor project back in, what, 2005? He can be awfully English at times.
- David: (that’s me!), art, content, and other silly stuff.
- Daniel: handled much of the earlier gameplay code then became a rocket scientist or something and is doing a lot of the internal business operations and PR. The lutefisk thing is probably his fault.
- Derek: Server-keeper, web guy; We panic and leave him voicemail when our servers crash and burn.
- Chris: A driving force of Business Acumen, he gets the deals done.
- Matthew: Sound and music guy. Maestro? Does that work? And did I mention you can listen to and/or buy the Dredmor soundtrack from him?
Oh, and because I neglected to include him in the picture, here’s a Dredmorified version of that punk “executive producer” Ben who filled the Steam scoreboard the day before the game came out to give all you new players a challenge to beat
Now you know who to blame.
We’ll get back to our scheduled Dredmor Bloggageddon featuring Actual Content Of Substance And Import once the release-week madness calms down a bit. Hope you’re all having fun! If you’re not, please fill our contact email inbox with the reasons why plus crash .dmp files and broken savegames.
Dredmor Community Art Mutilation Pack
With the release of Dungeons of Dredmor imminent [that is: tomorrow], why not faff around a bit with silly drawings?
Have you been itching for a Dredmor skill or spell icon to use for your forum profile? We have just the potion for your condition! Do you need some hot, raw hi-res Dungeons of Dredmor paintings to use for your desktop background? We’ve got the answers to your desires. Just want to get a peek at a few random, silly images that Gaslamp Games has been kicking around? Well, you’re in luck.
Maybe you’re just a diggle-fancier; that’s OK too.
I present to you the Dungeons of Dredmor Community Art Mutilation Pack: A lean zip file filled to the brim with the delicious scrapings from my Dredmor art folders.
So go forth and use these as you will! (Responsibly?); modify these as you wish; make silly animations, memes, whatever.
(Just, like, please don’t distribute these commercially or as part of your free game/app/whatever or something. You know, common sense stuff. This is for the fans to have some fun with.)
In case you didn’t catch it the first time, the link to the zip is here.
Answering Unasked Questions
I figure it would be useful to take some time to address some points of speculation raised in various forums. Oh yes, we read what you write. Wherever Dungeons of Dredmor is mentioned, we’re all over that. (Thanks Google.) But enough faffing about, I’m going to respond to a few points raised out in the Internetlands.
Well … one more bit of faffing around first.
Those eyebrows are out of this world.