A party of traders from a Foreign Land showed up and they insist that we really need –
This update will go live to every Clockwork Empires player via Steam!
We have also updated our Clockwork Empires: Development Progress Report! It contains the annotated changelog and possibly extra secret saucy details maybe or at least a new picture of a cat so check it out!
Want to hear about all sorts of updates via email plus receive silly images from development? Sign up for the newsletter here.
(Note that this is a slightly shorter changelog than usual due to the holidays.)
- added Trade Depot & trader events
- food has been reworked to be way more interesting!
- new features and events added to the Foreign Office to allow interactions with the Grossherzogintum von Stahlmark, the Republique Mechanique, and the Novorus Imperiya
- added first iteration of Trade Depot.
- all items in the game have been given trade values and “tradeable/not tradeable” flags (The primary use of this at the moment is to disallow the trading of perishable foods. Relative values of trade goods are subject to adjustment.)
- added vodka (a foreign trade good)
- added trade events & foreign office trader ‘missions’ for all foreign nations
- added display of trade value to item tooltips
- a few events that relied on Prestige to function have been re-enabled to work without it. (Due to Prestige system being rolled into Empire relations via Foreign Office)
- FIXED: various other commodity list/trade good/forbidding-and-claiming-item interactions
- FIXED: foreigners would punch fish steaks they happened upon
- FIXED (46A): the Trade Depot icon should now be visible even when you don’t have any bricks. (It doesn’t require bricks to build, anyway.)
- (updated all item in entity database to the new format w/ trade information, including trade good boolean and trade value)
- (internal: added messages registering for a given object when it is added to, or removed from, a group collection)
Foreign Office / Foreign Relations
- balance: made foreign office wipe diplomacy points when player changes factions (for obvious reasons)
- Foreign faction relations and hostile/neutral/friendly states are now controlled via Foreign Office
- NPC groups carrying out neutral/friendly missions will abort those missions if relations turn hostile
- implemented 3-state relations widgets
- (work on code supporting foreign office missions for non-empire non-bandit factions)
- FIXED: paperwork scripterror (when workcrew is unassigned from office)
- (performed major refactoring of code for foreign_office on both c++ and lua sides)
- balance: now, in general, events that lost you prestige before will now lose you relations with all nations.
Food & Cooking
- added the following new recipes: Farmers’ Stew, Berry Medley, Sausages, Tinned Meat
- Preserved/Tinned goods are now more expensive to create, but function as superior trade goods. Their recipes have been updated accordingly.
- all Pickled Funguses have been collected into a single recipe
- all Berry Preserves have been collected into a single recipe
- all Pies have been collected into a single recipe (& Pies are now more expensive to create, as owing to their high quality tier.)
- all food recipes have been given qualities and module requirements as appropriate for their quality.
- higher class characters will now prefer higher quality food.
- added glass bottles to the ceramics workshop (They are used to make preserves.)
- balance: exhaustion chance for foragables has been significantly lowered to allow players to experiment with the new recipes.
- be warned: crop fields will now be entirely cleared if you change the crop type you’re growing!
- (fixed scripterror on spawning old, now nonexistent food items)
- (crops can be given a sparse_planting=true, bool to plant every other spot in a row rather than every spot)
- (added guarapo and caninha commodities + icons; not yet implemented)
- (added coconut palm saplings to the growth cycle of farmable coconut palms; crop is not public yet)
- FIXED: colonists should no longer starve in the search for cooked food when they have raw food
- performed consistency pass over UI element styling
- cultists now have purple names
- fixed misaligned text in credits dialog
- improved checkbox art
- FIXED: naturalist_study_fishperson_corpse text error
- (did a ton of cleanup to the plumbing of office UI with applications in building UI generally so it can now be done almost entirely outside of compiled code)
- (executed a giant purging of old/duplicated UI data & assets)
- (added art for assignment beacon bg variations, implementation todo)
- (added feature support for modal dialogs)
- military skill of a squad’s commander now adds bonus damage to squad attacks
- redcoat vs. militia status of soldiers now adds bonus damage to attacks (that is, redcoats do more damage)
- FIXED: crates are no longer a valid weapon that would override fault attack damage
- FIXED: “mind_blast” will no longer appear as a cause of death
- FIXED: error when crops were exploded
Workshops / Commodity Production
- Clay pot decor are now boxed modules.
- FIXED: cloth production was instant
- FIXED: instant drink brewing
- FIXED: displayed cost for “Decent Cabinet” was wrong and has been corrected.
- FIXED: mineshafts will not keep adding output products when moved
- FIXED: occult feelings test didn’t properly test feelings in context of cults, leading to reduced cult activity
- (working on a bunch of back-end code for cult updates)
- (enabled cult membership tracking on render side)
- added UC window module
- balance: mining at default position now outputs sand + clay
- FIXED: an item is only added to the commodity list if it is owned by a player.
- FIXED: buildings flickering from exterior to interior views when you move over a static prop when they are highlighted
- (internal: started work on building placer/module placer rewrite but this hasn’t been pushed yet)
Want the full annotated changelog? Read it in the Development Report!