To our astonishment Dungeons of Dredmor is a year old today; we released the game on Friday, July 13th, 2011, and immediately followed it with about three patches. To say that the past year has been a bit of a roller-coaster is, perhaps, rather understating things.
During the past year, Gaslamp Games has:
- Released an enormous quantity of patches!
- Released two expansion packs, with a third one on the way!
- Started mercilessly teasing a new game!
- Moved offices! Twice!
- Hired full-time employees!
- Taken money from the Canadian Government!
- Met crazy fans!
- Revamped our website, and got awesome business cards!
- Launched a high-quality line of Dredmor Merch! (Buy more merch! The Bolt Council commands it.)
- Retrofitted Dredmor with mod support!
- Drank twenty-three mint juleps at the last company office function!
- Broken the save game format, and wound up staring directly into the Eye of Sauron!
- More drinking!
- Bought life insurance policies!
- Been on TVTropes! (Now with TWO pages!)
(Also somewhere in there, Nicholas finished his Master’s Degree, and moved to Vancouver, David changed hair colour three times, and Daniel bought a robot to stir his sauces.) So, yes, we’ll call this one a success. Coming up in the next year:
- More Odin Revelations, including, possibly, announcing what Odin is, ever.
- The Conquest of the Wizardlands!
- More, exciting Dredmor Merch! Something like this cute fellow:
- Eccentric hobbies!
- THE PIT.
Seriously, folks, it’s been a fantastic year for us, and you have all been as much a part of our success as anything else we’ve done. Thanks for being a part of it, and we hope that you look forward to what the next year brings as much as we do.
And now, here is what awaits: