To our astonishment Dungeons of Dredmor is a year old today; we released the game on Friday, July 13th, 2011, and immediately followed it with about three patches. To say that the past year has been a bit of a roller-coaster is, perhaps, rather understating things.
During the past year, Gaslamp Games has:
- Released an enormous quantity of patches!
- Released two expansion packs, with a third one on the way!
- Started mercilessly teasing a new game!
- Moved offices! Twice!
- Hired full-time employees!
- Taken money from the Canadian Government!
- Met crazy fans!
- Revamped our website, and got awesome business cards!
- Launched a high-quality line of Dredmor Merch! (Buy more merch! The Bolt Council commands it.)
- Retrofitted Dredmor with mod support!
- Drank twenty-three mint juleps at the last company office function!
- Broken the save game format, and wound up staring directly into the Eye of Sauron!
- More drinking!
- Bought life insurance policies!
- Been on TVTropes! (Now with TWO pages!)
(Also somewhere in there, Nicholas finished his Master’s Degree, and moved to Vancouver, David changed hair colour three times, and Daniel bought a robot to stir his sauces.) So, yes, we’ll call this one a success. Coming up in the next year:
- More Odin Revelations, including, possibly, announcing what Odin is, ever.
- The Conquest of the Wizardlands!
- More, exciting Dredmor Merch! Something like this cute fellow:
- Eccentric hobbies!
- THE PIT.
Seriously, folks, it’s been a fantastic year for us, and you have all been as much a part of our success as anything else we’ve done. Thanks for being a part of it, and we hope that you look forward to what the next year brings as much as we do.
And now, here is what awaits:
What, no cider?
I wish the fridges in the dungeon had that much booze in them!
I wish *my* fridge had that my booze in 😉
Anchor Steam, good choice.
My bad, that’s Liberty Ale from Anchor (same brewer). So close.
Happy birthday and congratulations for this AWESOME game. Some game companies and game communities should learn how to do things right.
Oh my god, that plush diggle! Put that on the store and you’ll be receiving my money as fast as I can get it to you!
I KNOW! I’m throwing all my money (Digglebucks included) at the screen, but somehow nothing is happening!
Yum! Cellular peptide cake!
With mint frosting!
Five TV Tropes pages, actually. Main trope page, Laconic version, Shout-Out subpage, YMMV subpage, and a forum thread.
I’m so inspired by your fridge! I hope that someday I can have a beer fueled software development band!
Congratulations!! I love this game!! And I really want that cute plush diggle!!!!!! 😀
Just found out that Dredmor had a TVTropes page from reading this. And then I found out that I was immortalized within it (“Taking You With Me”). My day is now 20% cooler.
Now let’s talk about that promised achievement. 😛
*Squeals and bounces excitedly* I WANT THAT DIGGLE.
You have died.=)…first saw the screenshots and information about Dungeons of Dredmor the april 2011 and immediately fell in love.
Thank you so much GG
Congrats!! It seems like I’m always hearing about something more you guys are doing, and it’s only been a year?! Just don’t burn out on me, I need my DoD fix for a long time to come! Besides, you’ll need a week to recover from that fridge anyway 😀
Seriously. I just checked my Steam settings and out of a ridiculous 313 games, I’ve played DoD 250% more than the next most. The only games that have matched that are all made by Blizzard. You guys ROCK!
Gratz guys! You deserve all the success you get and more! Good luck over the next year ang good luck with Odin!
need to open up preorders on that plushie. wanna buy and hug it.