For your viewing pleasure I’ve taken some new screenshots of Dredmor in fabulous HD-o-vision for you to pick over and tear apart, pixel by pixel.
1. An Octo has rudely interrupted my cheese-plundering. And those skull bolts are amazing, except they’re doing the wrong damage type right now.
2. Deciding what skill to upgrade next; I settled on taking the next level of Dual Wield because it increased my ability to counterattack.
3. A boss-Octo gave me a beating to within an inch of death and has been chasing me in circles around three connected rooms. I decided to grab some gold while on the run – might as well die rich!
4. After fleeing the Octo, I found myself in yet another sticky situation. This is a pretty good crossbow in my pack, but it won’t do me any good without bolts. You may note that I have an “Earthen Fist” spell ready to fire, but we neglected to rebalance the spell in this round of changes due to focusing on skills that fall into the Warrior archetype. It only does 3 damage, so you can see that I’d be better off using the axe which does 5 damage (3 base slashing + 2 from melee power).
5. Okay, last time didn’t end well. New game; I’ve been given a quest by Inconsequentia! And all I have is a weird cube. This is going to be tough.
6. Here I am in the middle of a treasury full of beautiful, glittering gold having a look over the quest item “Zanfronus, the Night’s Cod”. This is going well: I have a cool hat, a magic necklace, some of those skull bolts I mentioned earlier, and a quest item. Long story short, I died in obscurity without finding the monolith.
But it was worth it.