This update will go live to every Clockwork Empires player via Steam!
We have also updated our Clockwork Empires: Development Progress report!
Want to hear about all sorts of updates via email plus receive silly images from development? Sign up for the newsletter here.
Major player-facing additions this month:
- added many event arcs, including REDACTED
- civilians will now fight to protect themselves (just not as well, or as long, as soldiers)
- added upkeep to buildings (& multitude of systems and balance changes to support this)
- changed UI for creating on-map assignments to “stamp” system
- many other UI improvements done to improve information available to player and improve control over game systems
- significant optimization of game speed, save size, save/load speed
- … which let us add a 2X game speed button
- housing and immigration systems much improved
If you’re in a hurry, that should cover it. But if you find yourself with the inexplicable urge for more, you’re in luck, we’ve got the full changelog posted below — or the extra special annotated changelog in the Clockwork Empires Development Report.
Begin Full Beta 53 Changelog