This update will go live to every Clockwork Empires player via Steam!
We have also updated our Clockwork Empires: Development Progress report!
Don’t own the game? Clockwork Empires can be purchased on ClockworkEmpires.com via Humble or from Steam.
Want to hear about all sorts of updates via email plus receive silly images from development? Sign up for the newsletter here.
Major player-facing additions this month:
- added many event arcs, including REDACTED
- civilians will now fight to protect themselves (just not as well, or as long, as soldiers)
- added upkeep to buildings (& multitude of systems and balance changes to support this)
- changed UI for creating on-map assignments to “stamp” system
- many other UI improvements done to improve information available to player and improve control over game systems
- significant optimization of game speed, save size, save/load speed
- … which let us add a 2X game speed button
- housing and immigration systems much improved
If you’re in a hurry, that should cover it. But if you find yourself with the inexplicable urge for more, you’re in luck, we’ve got the full changelog posted below — or the extra special annotated changelog in the Clockwork Empires Development Report.
Begin Full Beta 53 Changelog