EDIT: The traditional Gaslamp Games “we broke your saves” 0-day hotfix can be found here. — Nicholas
As is the Gaslamp Games tradition honoured by our ancestors, with the release of an expansion (maybe you’ve heard of it? Wizardlands?) we are also adding and fixing a bunch of stuff in the core Dungeons of Dredmor game.
The patch will go live alongside Conquest of the Wizardlands, which will be launching very very very soon.
Edit: As for 10:55am on August 1st, The Patch is Live!
Some choice highlights:
- Two new skills and weapon types have appeared: Daggers and Polearms!
- Larger UI controls are now on a per-element basis, rather than a global setting.
- Minibosses has been added!
- Nerfed Promethean Magic again! We can’t send eagles to attack your abdomen so this is the best we can do.
- Oh, and we added a Raven. I guess we could have used that, but it get its own bullet point.
- Added a Pocket Dimension for all your storage needs! Requires finding a suitable set of Wizard’s keys.
- Total rewrite of savegame system. Saved games are now stored in directories, and mods are now embedded in those saved games. Now, when your Steam Workshop mods update, it won’t update in the game you have been playing (which was a bad idea).
- Mods published to the Steam Workshop are now automatically tagged to describe their content (new rooms, skills, monsters, et cetera).