EDIT: The traditional Gaslamp Games “we broke your saves” 0-day hotfix can be found here. — Nicholas
As is the Gaslamp Games tradition honoured by our ancestors, with the release of an expansion (maybe you’ve heard of it? Wizardlands?) we are also adding and fixing a bunch of stuff in the core Dungeons of Dredmor game.
The patch will go live alongside Conquest of the Wizardlands, which will be launching very very very soon.
Edit: As for 10:55am on August 1st, The Patch is Live!
Some choice highlights:
- Two new skills and weapon types have appeared: Daggers and Polearms!
- Larger UI controls are now on a per-element basis, rather than a global setting.
- Minibosses has been added!
- Nerfed Promethean Magic again! We can’t send eagles to attack your abdomen so this is the best we can do.
- Oh, and we added a Raven. I guess we could have used that, but it get its own bullet point.
- Added a Pocket Dimension for all your storage needs! Requires finding a suitable set of Wizard’s keys.
- Total rewrite of savegame system. Saved games are now stored in directories, and mods are now embedded in those saved games. Now, when your Steam Workshop mods update, it won’t update in the game you have been playing (which was a bad idea).
- Mods published to the Steam Workshop are now automatically tagged to describe their content (new rooms, skills, monsters, et cetera).
Full changelog after the break.
- SKILL: Two new skills, Daggers and Polearms.
- SKILL: Accompanying new weapons for the Same.
- Skill: Shields: Defensive Bash changed to scale damage by block%
- FIXED: Fiery Wand now properly scales damage with Wandcrafting
- CORE: burn=”1″ effect removed from game, replaced with “On Fire” debuff.
- FIXED: made some more sconces unpushable
- ITEM: Bolt of Mass Destruction: uses a more correct Blinding Flash effect
- UI: New screens in-game for achievements
- UI: 2X controls are now on individual elements, instead of a global setting
- UI: Character window can now be dragged around the screen.
- UI: Crafting now has useful tooltips.
- UI: Lutefisk Cube now also has a tooltip.
- GAMEPLAY: Miniboss support.
- FIXED: Glacial Burst Trap
- FIXED: position of “Digest” button on 2X UI widget
- FIXED: Blackjack. Again. Hah.
- NERFED: Promethean Magic. Again.
- UI: You can now choose your title screen.
- ART: Raven sprite moved to Core game.
- ART: Raven sprite now slightly colorized.
- SFX: A bunch of new sound effects.
- UI: Crafting now has a button to access it on the belt panel.
- UI: Buffs that are stacked now display the # of buffs in a stack, and provide a visual cue
- UI: Page count now exists in the Tutorial list
- GAMEPLAY: Drunkenness. It’s a thing.
- GAMEPLAY: Monsters now have a sight cone, and sneaking now works better. Monsters have two states, “suspicious” and “attempting to kill you.”
- GAMEPLAY: Added a Pocket Dimension, for your Storage Needs! Find a suitable set of Wizard Keys.
- GAMEPLAY: Added new achievements! (Nobody expects these to work at this point, do they?)
- MODS: Added “buff type” hints for removing buff effects from a particular skill tree.
- MODS: Custom engravings now show tooltips if they have a description.
- CORE: Total rewrite of the save-game system. Save games are now stored in directories. At some point, we will load things one level at a time (and make our autosave significantly better); this was not done for this build, but the framework is in place.
- CORE: As an added bonus, loadsave.dat is now dead.
- STEAM: Various Steam Cloud issues.
- STEAM WORKSHOP: Mods are now embedded in save games, so that Steam Workshop won’t automatically update, overwriting your mods and breaking your game.
- STEAM WORKSHOP: Mods published to Steam Workshop are now tagged.
- FIXED: Unarmed combat bonuses applied even when using weapons.
- SKILL: Level 5 Vegan will now only remove Vegan-related debuffs.
- SKILL: The Cure will only remove one random debuff intead of all debuffs.
- FIXED: Fixed a misplaced blocker in the Zomby Zoo
- SKILL: Made Essence of Battle removeable (and it’ll take all your mana if you do remove it).
- SKILL: Player can no longer resist Empowered version of Chronomantic Twist
MODS: Custom engravings now show tooltips if they have a description.
Does this apply to Diggle God statues?
Oh hey, first post dance! 😀
I’m aching to get COTWL
Fax beat me to it, congrats!
Mighty fine set of changes right there.
I’m buying this tomorrow once I get home from my night posting in the wards.
This patch needs to come out yesterday. I am really stoked to give it a try.
I’ll be dying in new and fancy ways the moment i get home, with new and fancy weaponry! Including potentially reading this due to tags.
You have found Room number 3. The Larch.
Patch is out on Steam. No sign of Wizardlands, yet, but that’s life.
Wasn’t there supposed to be an encrusting system added with the Wizardlands expansion?
Yup. It’s in the expansion. Which isn’t *quite* out.
Cool, just wanted to make sure since I didn’t see it in the above notes.
Not getting my unarmed combat bonuses with a stick in my hands! SO SAD!
When will it be on Humble? Also, will the free DLC be there?
Just switch to Steam, they give you keys for it on HB.
Join us! Come to the dark side!
I’m on Linux, so…
Also, not exactly stoked to have to run Steam on weaker machines.
Yes, I’m aware of Steam coming to Linux, but it’ll be a while before that happens.
We’re in the process of submitting Conquest of the Wizardlands to Desura, as well as getting a purchase widget up for the Humble Store. We haven’t forgotten about our Linux fans!
Great, thanks! It’s good to know that there are some devs that DO support Linux. Have you thought about Gameolith? Lovely .deb and .rpm packages there, as well as it’s cross-platform now.
Nice to see a widget from Humble Store coming up, but will the patch be available for old customers from HiB?
Do plan on getting Wizardlands when it comes out, but it’s good to know the pocket dimension is in the core, now.
Interesting bit there about turning off Essence of Battle. In my last long game, I managed to get a LOT of items that boosted mana regeneration so that I got slightly more than one mana per turn while wearing my lighter armor. Had to swap out equipment to let my mana drain if I wanted to get rid of it. It’ll save me the trouble if I get lucky in my next game.
Very sexy update.
Steam overlay is still not working 🙁
We’re taking a look now.
Please, fix it! It’s a very long time since I asked it! =)
I also note that Daggers is a rogue skillpath, not warrior. I’m sure dedicated Rogues and Bards everywhere are delighted about this. (Pirates excluded for already having a swarm of weapon masteries.)
Oh my, I shall be waiting with bated breath. (On account of the lingering smell of Lutefisk)
Well It’s that time again. Time to get my ass handed to me on Going Rogue with permadeath on, THERE CAN BE NO OTHER WAY TO PLAY.
Can You clarify if the DLC is coming out today too or is delayed?
I tried loading my savegame and the game crashes.
There’s a hotfix out, head to the forums and give it a try:
Conquest of the Wizardlands released today or foggy “very very very soon”? I can’t wait. Really.
It’s the fog that is generated by a certain office in Bellevue, Washington. =/
They’re working hard on it, but we don’t have any updates for you guys other than that they have the DLC and are working on getting it connected to the store page as we speak.
At last, I bought it. ValveTestApp98822. Hooooooray!)
After looking at the Polearms skillpath, I find myself uncertain whether to use that or the Maces skillpath.
(Other skillpaths? Smithing, Battle Geology, Viking Magic, Ley Mastery, Mathemagic, Thrown Weapons)
Then again, between VM’s ranged spells and Polearms’s distance attacks, I might not NEED Thrown. Maybe I should look at Piracy or Archaeology…Not that the plan’s guaranteed to survive Wizardlands’s actual appearance.
Important point, though, is this: We now have two defense-oriented weapon masteries. How to distinguish which does the better job when?
When I try to enter the pocket dimension it crashes.
Other than that, I like the new stuff, and I can’t wait for the DLC
Thanks guys, really
I fuck*n love you
Just a quick note here guys: if you comment that you’re having an issue that you’d like us to look into, please use a real email address so we can contact you privately.
I would also like to urge the fix of the Steam Overlay. It has been like this since last patch and I was a little disappointed in the lack of a fix.
Still, excellent update and lovely DLC. Enjoying diggle hell as we speak.
Duly noted, we’re looking at it. Glad you like the DLC!
Amm, eeverything is good, but im really upset, because my permadeth character who was in lvl, amm, whenever i try to load that save or any other , the game crashes, well, it doesnt say it crashes, but the game closes itself, so i dont know if this will get fixed 🙁
I meant lvl 12, it was the first time i got there ever, cause i always play on permadeth, so this makes me very sad.
Sorry to hear it! We probably haven’t made this as visible as it should be, but the old savegame crash fix can be found here:
If it doesn’t help out, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know what happens.
I bought full collection on steam and got problems with saving.
After i choose “save and quit” or any other saving option – game is not saving.
There is nothing in “load games” screen.
Can you help me with it?
Certainly! I’ll send you an email.
oh wellz. my game just ctd now when i try to load a save, even after the crashfix.
after reading more seems easiest just to roll a new diggle warrior…ill miss him though…we’ve been through a lot together…sigh… *leaves to put on black and grabs a glass of wine…*
Sorry, but i didn’t understand what or how Pocket Dimensions are/works… I’m playing a new char after the update and didn’t notice something too different.. Can someone explain me better? Thanks in advance
You’ll find a Wizardlord key lying around somewhere. I think it always shows up on the first floor of the dungeon. When you’ve found it, a new button with a portal on it will appear in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
Click it! Click with wild abandon! I’m sure nothing bad will happen.
Pingback: Dungeons of Dredmor: Neues Addon, neuer Patch « Nachtfischers Innenleben
Game crashes anytime I try to enter a portal in the pocket dimension.
Certain savegame also crashes on v1.1.1 when entering the pocket dimension. It worked for this savegame before– don’t know what is wrong now. Just started a new game and checked there– I can enter the pocket dimension with no problems. Please help