EDIT: The traditional Gaslamp Games “we broke your saves” 0-day hotfix can be found here. — Nicholas
As is the Gaslamp Games tradition honoured by our ancestors, with the release of an expansion (maybe you’ve heard of it? Wizardlands?) we are also adding and fixing a bunch of stuff in the core Dungeons of Dredmor game.
The patch will go live alongside Conquest of the Wizardlands, which will be launching very very very soon.
Edit: As for 10:55am on August 1st, The Patch is Live!
Some choice highlights:
- Two new skills and weapon types have appeared: Daggers and Polearms!
- Larger UI controls are now on a per-element basis, rather than a global setting.
- Minibosses has been added!
- Nerfed Promethean Magic again! We can’t send eagles to attack your abdomen so this is the best we can do.
- Oh, and we added a Raven. I guess we could have used that, but it get its own bullet point.
- Added a Pocket Dimension for all your storage needs! Requires finding a suitable set of Wizard’s keys.
- Total rewrite of savegame system. Saved games are now stored in directories, and mods are now embedded in those saved games. Now, when your Steam Workshop mods update, it won’t update in the game you have been playing (which was a bad idea).
- Mods published to the Steam Workshop are now automatically tagged to describe their content (new rooms, skills, monsters, et cetera).
- SKILL: Two new skills, Daggers and Polearms.
- SKILL: Accompanying new weapons for the Same.
- Skill: Shields: Defensive Bash changed to scale damage by block%
- FIXED: Fiery Wand now properly scales damage with Wandcrafting
- CORE: burn=”1″ effect removed from game, replaced with “On Fire” debuff.
- FIXED: made some more sconces unpushable
- ITEM: Bolt of Mass Destruction: uses a more correct Blinding Flash effect
- UI: New screens in-game for achievements
- UI: 2X controls are now on individual elements, instead of a global setting
- UI: Character window can now be dragged around the screen.
- UI: Crafting now has useful tooltips.
- UI: Lutefisk Cube now also has a tooltip.
- GAMEPLAY: Miniboss support.
- FIXED: Glacial Burst Trap
- FIXED: position of “Digest” button on 2X UI widget
- FIXED: Blackjack. Again. Hah.
- NERFED: Promethean Magic. Again.
- UI: You can now choose your title screen.
- ART: Raven sprite moved to Core game.
- ART: Raven sprite now slightly colorized.
- SFX: A bunch of new sound effects.
- UI: Crafting now has a button to access it on the belt panel.
- UI: Buffs that are stacked now display the # of buffs in a stack, and provide a visual cue
- UI: Page count now exists in the Tutorial list
- GAMEPLAY: Drunkenness. It’s a thing.
- GAMEPLAY: Monsters now have a sight cone, and sneaking now works better. Monsters have two states, “suspicious” and “attempting to kill you.”
- GAMEPLAY: Added a Pocket Dimension, for your Storage Needs! Find a suitable set of Wizard Keys.
- GAMEPLAY: Added new achievements! (Nobody expects these to work at this point, do they?)
- MODS: Added “buff type” hints for removing buff effects from a particular skill tree.
- MODS: Custom engravings now show tooltips if they have a description.
- CORE: Total rewrite of the save-game system. Save games are now stored in directories. At some point, we will load things one level at a time (and make our autosave significantly better); this was not done for this build, but the framework is in place.
- CORE: As an added bonus, loadsave.dat is now dead.
- STEAM: Various Steam Cloud issues.
- STEAM WORKSHOP: Mods are now embedded in save games, so that Steam Workshop won’t automatically update, overwriting your mods and breaking your game.
- STEAM WORKSHOP: Mods published to Steam Workshop are now tagged.
- FIXED: Unarmed combat bonuses applied even when using weapons.
- SKILL: Level 5 Vegan will now only remove Vegan-related debuffs.
- SKILL: The Cure will only remove one random debuff intead of all debuffs.
- FIXED: Fixed a misplaced blocker in the Zomby Zoo
- SKILL: Made Essence of Battle removeable (and it’ll take all your mana if you do remove it).
- SKILL: Player can no longer resist Empowered version of Chronomantic Twist