EDIT: Steam is the first out the door with the patch, in the middle of the night no less. Huzzah! — Nicholas
Coming at you from all available angles: It’s a patch!
This should be up tomorrow morning on Steam, and trickling out across various other distributors as they get to it. (For some people it might be as late as Monday due to time zone changes, people taking the day off, the Pterodactyl Gods Festival, etc.) A collection of changes is below the cut.
A quick note regarding Desura: while Desura got correctly updated builds from 1.0.11 to 1.1.1 if you use the Desura client, the standalone builds didn’t get updated. This is due to a miscommunication between us and Desura about who puts them up; we’ll be putting up full builds on schedule for you from now on at the same time as we do the in-client uploads. Sorry for the incovenience. Many thanks to Andrew Ferguson for setting up our build machine so we can do this.
And now the changelog:
- FIXED: various issues with saving and loading games, including but not limited to your inventory disappearing, your save games breaking, and you losing levels when entering or leaving the pocket dimension.
- FIXED: The Traditional Achievement Fixing Ritual has been performed. (Please join in at home by chanting to the Pterodactyl Wizards until you feel the icy grasp of their claws upon your shoulderblades.)
- FIXED: primary stats not being buffed by skills
- FIXED: game now runs correctly on machines with international localizations.
- FIXED: aggressively regenerate levels when a level has been deleted from a save game.
- FIXED: instructions now included on Magic Box pop-up.
- FIXED: sight radius could not be decreased
- FIXED: flickering up/down buttons in the skills tree
- FIXED: phantom slots on skills grid
- FIXED: crash clicking “next” on tutorial button
- FIXED: at low resolutions, wizard key falls offscreen at 2x mode
- FIXED: magic box could be exploited to steal from shops
- FIXED: Steam overlay not working in -opengl mode
- FIXED: missing expansion2 caused problems with expansion3
- FIXED: spell points could result in negative mana
- FIXED: dagger and polearm bonuses now only apply when wielding a dagger or a polearm
- FIXED: Confiscate Evidence allowed theft
- FIXED: rutabagas would dash repeatedly at you, either killing you instantly or locking the game
- FIXED: named monsters no longer spawn in Mysterious Portals in enormous piles
- FIXED: clicking the Digest button in the pocket dimension no longer freezes the game
- FIXED: item stacking problems
- FIXED: buff stacking problems
- FIXED: skill level is now actively checked when encrusting a weapon
- FIXED: when we add a steam achievement, we also add the local achievement
- FIXED: some local achievements
- FIXED: transmuting monsters could repeatedly set off traps
- FIXED: various other polymorphing monster crashes
- FIXED: Insufficient terrifying and foreboding graffiti on the walls. Added terrifying and foreboding graffiti to the walls in preparation for the Ominous Countdown.
- FIXED: Brittle stacks do not refresh after changing levels.
- FIXED: “Platinum Ring” removed from Lucky Find spawnlist because it doesn’t exist.
- Increased all monster perception values.
- Slightly nerfed first level polearm skill.
- Fixed polearm stance effects that weren’t firing.
- Made high level polearms harder to craft.
- Lucky pick automatically opens locked doors without requiring a lockpick, and no longer requires Lockpick Spamming.
- Radiant Aura, Magic Steel buff stacksize capped at 1.
- tweaked Healing Rain effect.
- tweaked This Root Shall Suffer to cause more suffering.
- Fixed some random spelling and grammar stuff.
- UI: darkened Krong popup dialog background to make icons easier to read
- UI: darkened resistance & damage extension widgets to make icons easier to read
- Master of Arms description updated to reflect chance of triggering “Suit Up”
- removed unnecessary skill category tags
- Tentacular Infestation bolt no longer infests you with tentacles when it hits other people
- Very Sharp Wall of Blades Stance now hits enemies with small amount of piercing/slashing when player is attacked
- Fixed Helm of Threepwood artifact quality
- enhanced the Broadside skill
- added a new sound for Broadside
- FIXED: Ravens now make proper sounds. Quothing is involved.
- FIXED: Mage’s Mana Maille buff stacksize capped at 1
- FIXED: All eruptors spawn fewer traps. It was getting ridiculous.
- FIXED: Clockwork Knight: teleport animations removed from movement-based spells
- FIXED: Puissant Veil now hits enemies with magic damage when player is attacked
- FIXED: Multiple, multiple issues with the Arcane Capacitor. Who thought it was a good idea to have a spell with 200 lines of scripts for it anyway?
- FIXED: decreased monster charge attack damage (see: Deadly Rutabagas of Death)
- FIXED: Insurance Fraud issues when used on a corpse.
- FIXED: Encrustings would fire 100% of the time.
- Communist healing skill may now fire commie debuffs
- Hammer and Sickle can be found in the dungeon
- Hammer is now craftable
- Sandstorm nerfed (Sandstorm damages reduced, mana cost increased, additional player debuff added)
- Asp Empowerment buff changed to fire less commonly
- Damage scaling added to “Alien Weapon” skill
- added special craftable Communist Armour & Helm
- Bailout should now remove fiscal responsibility
- Pyramid Scheme can now trigger correctly
- Reform and Opening now actually pays out
- gave minor passive bonuses to Tourist & Paranormal Investigator
- added missing item definitions for Helm of Ultimate Knowledge and Shrat’s Helm
- added four new high-level daggers
- Added some more Wizardlands so we don’t keep running into that room with the Evil Clones all the time. (Wizardland Geometry may slightly change as a result.)