The feedback from CotW has been overwhelmingly positive, and in some cases stark raving bonkers. We also didn’t expect to break the Steam Top 10 yesterday; we ended up at #8, failing to defeat our hated nemesis, Skyrim. Not bad for DLC for a 1 year old indie game that’s about Drunken Wizards. We are thrilled that everybody is enjoying it, and we encourage you to keep enjoying it. (Enjoy responsibly, lest you end up like the Wizardkings themselves.)
Some minor service announcements:
- A hotfix for some of the save game compatibility issues with 1.0.11 save games (and below) has been posted to our forums.
- We have two critical bugs that we’re trying to fix as soon as possible. First is a crash upon entering/leaving mysterious portals (the ones from Diggle Gods, *not* the Wizardlands) and entering the pocket dimension (from Wizardlands.) In the mean time, we strongly suggest avoiding Mysterious Portals, no matter how tempting they may appear, as they may occasionally corrupt your saves. (This is actually good advice for surviving the Dungeons in General)
- Second, users with non-ASCII user names on Windows may not be able to save the game at all. (This happens with Polish and Korean versions of Windows.) We’re trying to reproduce this and resolve it ASAP.
- There will probably be a minor “first round of seriously patching” patch in about a week. We’ve fixed a number of the worst issues (a handful of crashes, some severe bugs with encrusting instability) and have sorted out some gameplay stuff, and we’ll keep putting up fires as we spot them.
- HIB users: you should be getting your builds either tomorrow or Monday. Desura users, you should be up to date; we have now finally sorted out the issues with selling the final two expansion packs on Desura as well, so we will hopefully be up and running sometime next week over there. We’ll let you know when this happens. HIB customers, we hope to have the ability for you to buy our expansions directly from us any day now as well through our new Humble Store.
As always, we thank you for our patronage and are thrilled to see everybody enjoying yourselves and discovering new things. Watching the forums exploding in laughter and death is one of the best parts of the job.