In 2012 … Evil Has A Whole New Dimension
The stars are right, and you know what that means: It is the privilege and pleasure of Gaslamp Games to announce Dungeons of Dredmor II 3D, a sequel to the rather strange 2011 Indie Roguelike hit Dungeons of Dredmor (called Indie Game of the Year by the madmen of PC Gamer Magazine).
Suddenly, a pre-alpha screenshot appears! Click to view full size.
Like any respectable developer, Gaslamp Games acknowledges that once you’ve got something good, the only rational course of action is to beat yearly sequels out of the IP. Given that we could afford to hire some more artists and rustle up some Maya licenses, the obvious move was to take Dungeons of Dredmor in an entire new direction where we can explore additional, ahem, depths of gameplay yet unseen.
Dungeons of Dredmor II 3D Features
As an independent studio, Gaslamp Games is uniquely poised to create revolutionary new gameplay features that would be stifled in the publisher-dominated game industry. New features include:
- Entirely 3D dungeons built with procedural generation to create unique levels, traps, and puzzles sadistic enough to confound every John Urist!
- 600 bazillion damage types! Damage enemies with x-rays, phlegmatic damage, poking, subtraction, melancholia, insinuation, gluten magic, freemasonry, and liver!
- New, avant-garde soundtrack by experimental Japanese noise group Violent Onsen Geisha!
- Powered by the shocking return of a 2012 version of Ken Silverman’s Build Engine, used in such hit games as Redneck Rampage, Duke Nukem 3D, and Shadow Warrior!
- Eleventy quintillion cheeses, each with their own damage type! Includes your favourites (Churpi, Khoa, Paneer, Brimsen, Remoudoi, Sirene, Anari, Molbo, Danbo, Tybo, Handkäse, Weisslacker, Kaseri, Höfðingi, Skyr) and more!
- Use our in-app store to purchase Digglebucks to upgrade equipment, buy new inventory slots, and reverse negative Krongings!
- Play our awesome tie-in social and mobile games to increase “quest resources” to get the best ending!
- Dredmor 2 will use that one really annoying, unreadable font from Dredmor for everything, and not just the title text!
- Even smaller, more numerous and indecipherable stat icons!
- 3D-accelerated coloured lighting effects the likes of which haven’t been seen since the far side of 1998!
- You still can’t see what your character is wearing – because, well… the hell with it!
- Explore new challenging gameplay mechanics set in the Red Light District of Amsterdam!
- Collect a series of tiny, magical hats by mastering The Third Dimension!
- New, revolutionary, Artificial Stupidity technology makes previously smart monsters into gibbering morons!
- 98% More Indie than Other Competing Indie Roguelikes!
- Scads of Day-1 DLC include the ability to load and save games, and to have the ability to secretly save extra copies of your games in case you die suddenly with permadeath on!
- New Crafting Systems include Yogurt Making, Elven Drycleaning, Bavarian Crafts, and the Human Centipede!
- Cameo appearance by Famous British Person Peter Molyneux as Brax the Salesdemon!
- Get ****ed up on Mushrooms!
- Space Wizards!
Dredmor 2 will be launching on all fine Social Gaming Platforms near you. Have your credit cards ready.