We’ve uploaded Dredmor 1.0.6 to Steam, and it’s all yours to enjoy. Let us know if anything asplodes.
EDIT: Changelog copied and pasted from the changelog below. I’m sure some other stuff snuck in, too, but we’ll see. For the guy who keeps asking us to support 150% DPI fonts – we had a fix in, but it turns out it broke all of Windows XP and I had to take it out this morning. So we’re still working on your problem. 🙂
- FIXED: Map zoom is now saved between gameplay sessions
- FIXED: a broken room defintion that would always lead to a gargoyle trap spawning behind a food dispenser.
- FIXED: Items held in the player’s hand are no longer lost on save/load.
- FIXED: Rod charging no longer prevents priming items after use.
- FIXED: The game now realizes that you are in a shop after you load the game… and are in a shop.
- FIXED: Food vending machines now have correct tooltips.
- FIXED: Items from the ground can no longer be used as active skills.
- FIXED: Overridden equipment during the start of the character creation process will give you permanent Mystery Bonuses.
- FIXED: Monsters will now check to make sure the player isn’t standing on a corpse before they bring it back to life.
- FIXED: After you steal things from Brax, you can now use them as items.
- FIXED: The DIGEST button will now halt if you see an enemy or get attacked by one.
- FIXED: Uberchest lock state no longer resets after save and load.
- FIXED: Blink Batties now Blink. (So does Lord D.)
- FIXED: Various broken Steam achievements (Monsters with Omelettes, The Critic, anything else with a counter)
- FIXED: digging ray crash.
- FIXED: misaligned close button in Quest window.
- FIXED: Unarmed damage bonuses are no longer applied to range attacks, or thrown attacks.
- FIXED: Unskilled weapon wielding penalties no longer affect thrown, or crossbow, attacks.
- FIXED: Vandalized Dredmor Statues now save their obstruction state correctly.
- FIXED: WASD now breaks statues, lets you run into some other things and use them
- GAMEPLAY: The resistance statistic now gives you a roll to block corruption attacks.
- GAMEPLAY: Mace and Axe skill trees have been revamped and enhanced.
- GAMEPLAY: Lord Dredmor can no longer be stunned or charmed.
- GAMEPLAY: Reworked Necronomiconomics.
- GAMEPLAY: Smithing is now a Warrior archetype.
- GAMEPLAY: Sneakiness has a -20 modifier.
- GAMEPLAY: Elemental Weapons now have some Elemental Resistances. Or something.
- GAMEPLAY: Added a bunch more items, including a keytar.
- GAMEPLAY: Some crafts are now unhidden by default.
- GAMEPLAY: Added the Mosolov Cocktail! Don’t drink it all at once.
- GAMEPLAY: The 2X bottom bar is now implemented. We’ll do the rest next patch.
- COSMETIC: Monster spellcasting now shows up on the text ticker.
- COSMETIC: More minimap icons!
- INTERNAL: Hidden Fun Stuff to make it so we can turn on the mod support without breaking everybody’s save games. (That said, we have to put it in the patch before the mod support so that… well, so that it doesn’t break everybody’s save games.)
- INTERNAL: Hidden Fun Stuff, related to the Other Hidden Fun Stuff.
- LINUX: You can haz it.
yay, thank you. Great game, still having fun!
moar stuff yeah
> LINUX: You can haz it.
oh, steam. Got it.
So any low-down on the Linux version we now haz? Can one get it via Steam, or are other arcane devilries needed?
just check your steam/steamapps/common/dungeons of dredmor for launching script and binaries after the update.
~/.local/share/Dredmor is used to keep configs and saves. Just in case anyone else is wondering where they are. 🙂
Just wanted to say thank you guys for the great game and for supporting us Linux geeks.
Also, was wondering if you are going to sell your amazing game on Desura? They got linux beta.
Glad to see an update!! I love this game and I’m still playing it as much as I did the day I got it months ago. Thanks for all your work! Any news of expansion pack/new content plans?
more stuff yay
So, since the update came out yesterday, Steam won’t let me launch the game.
Same problem here. (sorry for replying on the previous comment, please delete it)
Game is still unplayably slow (been that way for a month and a half) on OSX 10.6.8. Other mac players must be a little fed up too.
At present, you’re the only person who has reported this being an issue. What Mac are you running? I’m on a Mini running 10.6.8 here and it runs fine.
I’m running a imac 4.1 intel core duo, 1.83 Ghz, 2 GB memory, Radeon X1600. Its older but the game worked great until patch 1.05 came out. I read some other mac users report the same issue in the forums so I figured it wasn’t just me. Full screen doesn’t work and otherwise it is just crazy slow. I’ve reinstalled the game and wiped the local files and all that a couple of times. If you can figure it out, thanks.
Love the game.
Just noticed that Power of Magic Steel isn’t on a timer/hit count anymore — it seems perpetual. That can’t be deliberate; the description remains the same. (It’s kind of nice, unless you’re trying to regen mana on an early level.)
Thought I’d mention this; haven’t seen it posted anywhere else.
To the above: I had trouble launching the game after the last patch, too, but I used the Verify Files utility on Steam (right-click on the game in your library) and now it works fine.
PS: Did I mention I love the game?
Er, oops. I forgot to change the description. I’ll fix it in the next version – thanks for pointing this out!
“Added the Mosolov Cocktail!”
Is this a spelling error, or a reference to an obscure early 20th century Soviet composer?
I won’t spoil it, but I’ll say that’s not the reference I’m going for.
Aw, now, don’t make me use Google!
Thanks for your other replies.