EDIT: A small fix for a (relatively minor) collection of broken save games has just hit Steam. If anybody else has any problems, please let us know. — Nicholas
I burned out on trading cards at around the Magic: The Gathering’s Fourth Edition (because once you play Leviathan in a real game, is there really anything left to do in M:TG?) but I figure if we’re going to do this trading card thing we have to do it right and provide our lovely, ravening fans with something they’d really enjoy.
So! We went and commissioned Stephanie Larsen (who, by the way, with Chestnut St. Pixel Foundry created the Gaslamp Games logo) to do
five six new illustrations of various Dredmorian Subjects. Fun was had!
I’ve also tied the proverbial rudder-wheel of the good ship Gaslamp Art Team with the Rope of Neglect and taken a week off Clockwork Empires to paint five Steam profile backgrounds exploring themes in Dredmor ranging from “recycling existing art but being too obsessive over detail to not repaint it completely” to “meticulously accurate renderings of hematite”. Because we know what you like.
There are also a bunch of random badges and emoticons and Diggles and things.
They should be on Steam. Now go enjoy yourselves!
BUT WAIT, THERE’S MORE! IT IS NOW PROGRAMMER TIME
Nicholas has now taken over the blogpost to bring you A NEW DREDMOR PATCH. Finally, the damn thing is out of beta and we are ready to bring it to you, our users. Enjoy new features such as THE FOLLOWING CHANGES:
- Diggles now actually dig!
- FIXED: Dual wielding items could cause infinite status buffs.
- “Conversion” support. Items can now augment existing item definitions if they exist. See the mod request thread for syntax.
- FIXED: monsters attacking your summons left over from another level.
- FIXED: random crash w/aquatic monster spawning on entering a new room
- FIXED: mods with cooldown skills not working
- FIXED: bug with Essence’s Essential Skills Pack where kung fu-ing a door will crash to desktop
- FIXED: achievements button misaligned
- FIXED: Steamworks support for x86 Linux
- FIXED: other issues w/x86 and AMD64 Linux builds
- FIXED: Using the Lutefisk Cube on itself in the Pocket Dimension is now Even Cuter.
- Multiple scrollbars.
- FIXED: Inventory filters.
- FIXED: Wand repair achievement.
- FIXED: some monsters can no longer yield XP/treasure/zorkmids
- FIXED: crust tooltips not showing negative damage buffs.
- FIXED: Steam publisher working again. We think.
- FIXED: skills can now require you to have a certain sort of weapon (or shield!) equipped.
- FIXED: held item may disappear when trying to pick up item
- FIXED: stupid broken teaser graffiti
- FIXED: some other stuff? Things? Gah.
Enjoy! (Again, all new stuff is contingent upon us pulling a lever and having Valve process it. Caveat emptor.)