(David is still away, so we have to re-use banner art. Let’s put the Giant Pink Scorpion Diggle up again, in the hopes that that doesn’t happen to us…)
Dredmor Patch 1.0.9 has now been sent off to Steam, Desura, *and* the Humble Bundle! Finally. These fine groups of people will get it up in their own sweet time, but we’ve sent it and our part is (hopefully) done. We are desperately praying that nothing new blows up, because if it does… well, Christmas is cancelled forever.
Changelog below the cut. Patch 1.0.9 doesn’t fix everything; some things, such as fixing Blackjack and some of the stickier issues are going to have to wait until January, but it ended up being more comprehensive than I originally planned. As is traditional, we’ll put a little note on this post once Steam puts the patch up and it doesn’t go Blooie. We are still hoping to get the DLC into the hands of our loyal Desura and Humble-Bundlers some time in the New Year; dealing with the actual Diggle Gods release, as well as the massive influx of new users as a result of our Steam Sale has been… a bit overwhelming.
With this last responsibility complete, I am now going to try and get all my Christmas shopping done in 48 hours. The office will be sort-of-closed-ish until some time after Boxing Day.
On behalf of David, Daniel, and myself, as well as the rest of the Dredmor crew: Happy Holidays, and thanks for making 2011 so awesome. It has been nothing short of an amazing year for Gaslamp. The day before Dredmor launched on Steam, we sat around wondering what would happen, and Daniel noted, quite famously, “Well, hopefully we sell enough copies of Dredmor that we can buy a nice bottle of Scotch or something.” We have exceeded that beyond our wildest dreams – I, for one, am still vastly confused about what exactly happened – and we are grateful and humbled by the support that the PC gaming community, our user base, the gaming media, and our friends, have given us over the course of the year. Through ups and downs, highs and lows, Steam Sales and Scorpion Diggles, you’ve been awesome. It’s been a pleasure to make games for your enjoyment.
We’re really looking forward to 2012. (You have been warned.)
CHANGELOG for Patch 1.0.9:
- FIXED: n-dimensional lathe was, in fact, a giant game-crashing exploding bomb
- FIXED: wandcrafting recipes being lost after load/save
- FIXED: crafting tool output not displaying
- FIXED: some crossbows not working [RotDG]
- FIXED: some mittens not working [RotDG]
- FIXED: Axe of Dinglenit was worth 0 zorkmids [RotDG]
- FIXED: Gloriously Regal Belt using description from Bullet Belt
- FIXED: That blasted lever room will only show up once per level. It was getting to be a bit of an issue.
- FIXED: “Cat Ears” helmet was using the wrong art [RotDG]
- FIXED: “Runes” showing up in gem transmutation
- FIXED: Diggle plague just being all kinds of nasty
- FIXED: Chest/helm tooltips switched on character panel
- FIXED: Skills that give primary stats, wouldn’t give the correct stats
- FIXED: Mustache Fighting League room would fill with infinite mustaches
- FIXED: very rarely, scripts would spawn an entire horde of monsters off of the bottom of the map.
- FIXED: tutorials showing up twice
- FIXED: took out more broken tutorials
- FIXED: game crashing at start new game screen on Mac OS X 10.5.8. (Probably.)
- FIXED: Heal-over-Time (HoT) effects being resisted (Fairywodger; Knit Tissue; etc.)
- FIXED: Mysterious portal crashes. [RotDG]
- FIXED: Steam achievements now trigger for expansion skills.
- FIXED: mods will now correctly load rooms.xml and text.xml
- FIXED: last skills in modded-in-skill-tree would crash the game
- FIXED: the amazing exponentially-multiplying Diggle Egg Stacking bug.
- Minor tweaks, balances, etc.
- Corrupted Shrines are now mildly more interesting.
- Better decor on Diggle God Shrines. [RotDG]